Sunday, April 5, 2009

Conference Weekend

We had a great time in Utah this weekend. It just so happened that Tiffany, Rob and little Madison (Briant's sister, BIL and niece) were coming up to Orem for the weekend and we also got tickets to a session of Conference.
We are so grateful to have family in Orem, who are always willing to let us stay with them. Thank you again Devin, Julie and Anna for letting us bunk at your place and also for your wonderful hospitality this weekend!
Madison was born in November, but this weekend was the first time we have been able to see her. We went to see them Saturday morning and watched the morning session with them. Madison is so adorable! She has the most contagious smile, and she even has a little dimple! Oh, how I wish I had a dimple!
It was so fun to get to hold her, she is such a good little baby:












Then, we drove up to SLC for the session that we had tickets for.
I have never been able to really go to Conference and actually see the prophet, so that was really fun for me.
The talks were very uplifting and encouraging as always. It was a really great experience.
Whenever we are in Utah it is always a good opportunity to go see Grandpa, but this time we went out to dinner with him, Tiffany, Rob, Madison, and some cousins, Stacy and Toff. Grandpa's always fun to talk to, and I think Madison smiled the biggest when Grandpa was talking to her.

When I woke up Sunday morning, I went down and got to play with Anna for a while, before Briant got up. She has gotten so big since the last time we saw her. She is starting to learn how to grab things and loves to stand up (with help). We love to make her smile and she is so much fun to play with. (Sorry, I was lazy and didn't go grab my camera)
We watched the Sunday morning session with Devin, Julie, and Anna (well, Anna was actually asleep). Again, always inspiring. I'm never able to get everything out of the talks the first time. I can't wait to read and listen to them again.
We had to go back over to Aunt Lisa and Uncle Vance's house before we left to say good bye and take some pictures. Thanks Aunt Lisa for inviting us to eat with you, the food was delicious, and the conversation pleasant.
Briant had to get in a really quick game of Uno with Melia... Madison helped.

I am still loving my... our new video camera. Thanks Rob for pointing out how to use the flash!
I got some great pictures with it today:
It's always hard to leave and say goodbye to our families because it feels like we never have enough time to do all that we want to do with them. It feels like we just get there and then we have to leave :( Thank you all for a great time. It's great to have the good talks with you and we love getting to spend time with you. Can't wait till next time.
We listened to the last session on the road. We made good time getting home and it was surprisingly nice weather. Finally, I hope it lasts for a while!
Look what we found when we got home:

1 comment:

Melissa Giles said...

Sad, nobody left me any comments!