Monday, June 24, 2013

Birthday Boy's Happy Day


Well, his birthday is over, but I thought I'd post the memories of the day for my family. Looking back now I think I made a bigger deal out of 2 than I should have and I learned a few things. He didn't always give me the reaction that I was looking for, so I learned that less is more... especially for a 2 year old.  
A few things didn't turn out the way I thought they would but he still had a great birthday. Here are the pictures from the day.
Balloons on his door. This was a hit!
At first he would crawl under them,
but after a while he would walk through them.
Message on the mirror... He didn't really care about this.

Opened some presents.

Loved the puzzle...

...and the harmonica.



He knew exactly what these were, and
went to play with them right away.

The different track possibilities just got a little bigger
with these pieces.
He also got some books, animal magnets, and a new bike.
He's not quite smitten with it yet.

It's going to take some practice.

Next we hit the pool and played with the hoop he got from Grandma and Grandpa.



After lunch, he took his nap.  This is the cooky part, he didn't fall asleep right away like he always does.  It took him 1-1/2 hours to actually fall a sleep so we had to wake him up to eat his dinner (which he was not happy about).  But we had to get him some good food before people started showing up for cake and ice cream.

GG and Pop Pop came over for the festivities and gave him a...
...Digger Dumper!  He was a little scared of it at first.
It didn't have batteries in it when he played with it at the store.

But after a few minutes he was loving it.

Cake time!  I kinda spaced getting pictures of him with his candles... oops!  Oh well he didn't really blow them out anyway.

But he dug right it to his cupcake.

He didn't get that dirty... he's actually a
pretty clean eater.

He really only eats the frosting... which he
calls ice cream.


We went outside to play with his friends.  These two
are turning into good buddies!  Andrew loves the match box cars
he gave him too!

Hugs!

GG and Pop pop also gave him a little tent.
It has Thomas on it.

It was a fun day!  So excited to have a two year old! What adventures will we have next?

No comments: