Saturday, October 17, 2015

July Mobile Moments - Part 3

On our way home from church we saw Aunt Pam,
and HAD to stop and say hello!
Andrew loves picking food with her out
of her garden.

The "littles" with Grandma.
Before heading down to Utah to drop off Briant, we headed over to see Pam one more time.  She pulled out the old '53 Buick and let us go for a ride in it.  She treated us to a Wendy's frosty, as if getting a ride in the Buick wasn't treat enough!  It was so fun to hang out with Pam as always!



While Pam was helping a customer, we went out back to check out the old farming equipment.  Andrew LOVED sitting on the old tractors.


Had to get a picture with Pam and Callie, since she is her namesake.

Gorgeous lilies!

Callie was so exhausted at this point that she didn't even
realize my mom was holding her.  Mom got in a couple minutes
of snuggles before Callie realized it wasn't her mom.
Dropping off Briant at the airport was so hard.  I tried not to get emotional, but I knew that I would miss him so much. The weeks ahead would be difficult and I didn't want him to leave. It really helps me remember how much it means to have someone in my life to share it with.  Someone I can talk to about anything and everything.  Someone who loves me no matter what.  Someone who laughs at my bad jokes. Someone who understands so much about my day because his runs parallel to mine. And most importantly someone to help me not feel alone even when I'm surrounded by family.  I have a great relationship with my family and they are all pretty close, but nobody is as close to me as Briant. I love him so much, I found out just how grateful I was for him...again... this summer.
Summer school with cousins.... was distracting!

Teaching Andrew how to ride on a scooter.

Look ma, no hands! Roller Coaster Hands!

She loved the slide!


Who else would teach Andrew all about legos?
On the way back to Idaho, we had to stop and see my good friend Gina as she started this exciting new adventure!  I wanted to see that walking out of the temple... newly married... glow.
We are so happy for her.  Small world, she married into a great family, who knows my family but its been years since we've seen them!
Happy Wedding Day Gina-kins!
I don't think Callie's tummy was up to par though.  She had a MAJOR blowout right as we got to the temple.  It was bad.  It was actually quite embarrassing seeing all those people I knew and the baby screaming and dirty. She had had these blowouts for days prior and continued for a couple days after.  I think this was the same bug Andrew had just not throwing up.  What a day! Sorry, gross, but not something I want to forget.
So glad we went to the McDonalds to get these for Andrew.
We couldn't find them at any other McDonalds the rest of out trip.
He kinda likes them.  I'm also glad we ordered three kids meals!



Then, after we got to my brothers house, my phone fell and the screen shattered!  I couldn't unlock the screen. I couldn't answer the phone unless my bluetooth was on.  I couldn't even turn it off. So pictures are a bit sketchy hereafter. SAD!  I was bummed I don't have more pictures of the fun times we had camping, and all the rest of the month.

 I was at my brothers house for the weekend and we were going camping the next day. 
My brother was nice enough to snap this one and send it to me.
Gone fishing with his cousins.

Other fun things we did that weekend were: Visiting Big Springs, played Uno Dare (so funny to watch Kyle be a cat!), and Andrew getting to ride with Uncle Kyle on his 4 wheeler-- he had a blast!

Then it was time for Grandma's house!  Briant sent his phone in the mail for me to use the last week of our trip. My mom let me use her phone until his arrived.

more apples!

Skyping with DADDY!!! They were so EXCITTED!!

They are starting to like each other.
Playing at the... playground at the school. This is the same playground I played on as a kid, but the equipment is all different.






This however is the exact same eagle's nest I played on as a kid.





Went over to see Pam again. Callie loved playing in the dirt. Andrew loved helping Pam dig garlic and I left him there while I went to get more milk.





Pam took us to Pizza Pie Cafe!  YUM!

She almost let mom read to her.
Mom's surgery went great.  Her recovery went better then I expected!  My dad was really confused on surgery day without my mom there.  I kinda feel like I was a stranger to him.  That was kinda hard for me. He didn't believe me a lot of the time. I know he wanted to but he just doesn't see me enough. As soon as my mom was back home he was a lot better.  My mom is Dad's rock.  She is an amazing women to him and to all of us, and I'm so grateful for her and her example of patience.


Andrew learned how to ride a bike without training wheels while we were out there.  Once he got the hang of it, that is all he wanted to do 24/7.  It was nice being on a dead end street.  I didn't worry too much about being right there with him.  It kind of gave me deja vu of when I did the same on my bike growning up.

We took a little walk around the greenbelt in IF.  He made it all the way around and wanted more!  I was so excited he loved riding so much.  He must take after his Mom's love of bike riding!

Hey look mom!  There's the temple!
Is that the one you got married in?  Yep!

He loved the waterfall!

This girl loves to explore and has such spunk.


Went to see our old house.  We had just closed on it at
 the beginning of  that month.  

Got to love puddles.

Andrew loved them too. It was fun to see him ride on the
same street I did and had a little bit of daja vu as I watched him ride.

We had a playdate with a good friend of mine that I worked
with at Great Harvest.  I was so good to catch up with her. 

Reading with grandma.  This is essential to a speedy recovery.

One last garlic digging visit with Aunt Pam
before we leave.
3 Generations

He was putting his face in the water to wash it.  Big accomplishment.

First ponytail.

Reading one last story to Andrew.

I don't know why I was inclined to take a picture of the
toilet I cleaned before I left.  I just did.
Goodbyes are always hard.  It was especially hard to say good bye to my dad. He's less and less like the dad I remember every time I see him.  What will the next visit be like?
Stories with these two. I hope they turn into buddies
like Nick and Andrew are.
We played at the pond before we left.  I let the kids get wet and dirty, because they were just having so much fun with their cousins.  I think it's important to just let go of control sometimes and let them be kids.







Good bye beautiful Rocky Mountains!

No comments: