Friday, April 19, 2013

Blossoms and Happiness

I have been absolutely in love with this year's Spring.  I think these past couple months have been hard because there were tease days of warm weather that we got every so often.  I would start thinking of all the promises of nice weather then my hopes were dashed when the cold returned.  I think Andrew and I have had cabin fever, and it didn't help that his tantrums got worse as the cold pressed on (although I think we are finally getting them figured out now and have a system that works for us).

This winter proved to be the hardest in terms of waiting patiently for Spring.  I often had no motivation and wanted nothing more than to cuddle up under a warm blanket and watch a good show (Charmed was that show--- I just finished the last season).  With the lack of motivation brought a little depression from not accomplishing anything.  We did have play dates, grocery shopping, and playgroups to save us, otherwise we probably would have rarely left the house.
 
But thank goodness for higher temperatures, and sunshine.  I've never really felt the affects of S.A.D. before, but I think I got a little taste of it this year!  I'm so happy that it is getting warmer, and that we aren't cooped up inside.

The colors of this Spring have been vibrant. Idaho springs are wonderful but the colors in Bloomington are amazing!   They bring back happiness and energy.  The streets are filled with blooming trees of every kind.  I have loved seeing the beauty and capturing it forever.

The forsythia trees have been amazing!
I'm sure my future yard will have one!























Stayed tuned I may add more...

2 comments:

Giggles said...

I love your photos. Beautiful!

Vic and Kathy Baldwin said...

I am a bit envious! I had a forsythia once (your first picture) so I was hooked from the first picture. We have had 27 degree nights and cold winds during the day. It is raining today. So enjoy them for me too!!!