I started working at Great Harvest on August 12, 2003... just out of high school. I was still a baby... and very immature! But as the years grew, so did I. I found myself while working there & realized who I wanted to be. My life has changed a lot since day one, and I've done a lot too: I've worked at both stores, doing every shift available but one. I bought my first car, and my first camera. I've taken many steps and advanced greatly in the Portrait Photography world. I moved out of my parents house, twice. I went to college... for 2 months. Because of Great Harvest, I volunteered at Camp Magical Moments for 4 years. I had tons of fun on my own. I dated a lot, went through a couple big relationships, got engaged, got married, and am now about to have a baby.
Great Harvest has taught me so many great lessons.
I've learned...
...how to be myself.
...how to get along with many different types of people (even when we clash).
...how to talk to people and give good customer service.
...how to really work for a company and do my best to make them look good.
...how to draw on chalkboards and let my creative side shine.
...how to live with my pet peeves.
...how to face my fears.
...how to stand up for my beliefs.
...how to not put up with crap from others.
...how to work more efficiently.
...how to put love into everything you make.
...how to be a really good cleaner!
...how to shut up and just work.
...how to beautify.
...how to listen.
...how to earn brownie points... don't judge.... and make brownies.
...how to be more honest.
Really the list could go on and on!!
I've worked with so many people from all different walks of life. I've made lots of friends over the years and I have a ton of memories! I went through all the photos I've taken over the years (there were a lot) and after dusting them off (literally, they were covered in flour dust), I scanned them into my computer so I could share several with you.
Yes I know the coat is hideous... it was a white elephant gift.
I loved this van, I drove it a lot. I also loved the glasses!
I thought I looked pretty cool here.
David Wire and I... those things he makes are heavy,
my head almost fell off!
The first GH chalkboard I ever did.
I was pretty proud!
Lish and I. I love her!
Some of the girls who started at GH when I did.
I shall never forget this pink vest. I wore it till it looked gross,
and then I threw it in the GH garbage,
because someone made fun of it.
because someone made fun of it.
Pretty Christmas lights... this tree is gone now.
GH Halloween Party (I was a Punk).
Someone there actually asked seriously if this is
what I really looked like outside of work.
Boy did I fool them.
My Boss' costumes at that party.
We all laughed so hard!
I spent alot of time doing this...
Yes, there was a time I wore pjs to work... and loved it!
AWWW... seriously my favorite people that I worked with!
Some goofing off while remodeling & painting the 17th store.
I loved doing the tours with all the kiddos!!
I'm not proud of this picture. I look terrible.
But I am proud of the fact that I trained for and ran in
the "To Bone & Back" race with our GH team.
I ran 5 miles, baby!
Cleaning the oven.... how many of you
can say you've been inside an oven that big?
One of many hikes I went on with my GH friends!
I really miss this one.
I suggested we all go have a "whipped cream fight"
outside... they interpreted that as,
"Gang up on Missy, while she takes the garbage out."
Another GH team... Volleyball at the Apple.
Snowshoeing with my buddies.
This was my "break up therapy" at the time.
My boss and I at my Wedding.
I really hope it is remembered
that I was the Pumpkin Roll Queen.
Proof that I did the boards!
The latest board I did.
I will never, ever forget Great Harvest and the impact it has had on me. It truly has changed my life for the better. 7 years, 8 months... and 8 Christmas'. I've worked double shifts & early shifts. I've done many cleaning projects, and shift made just for me (gardener/mixes/projects shift last summer). I was slow, but thorough and did my job right the first time! I had the time of my life. Sometimes, like everyone, I got discouraged or frustrated... but I didn't quit. It wasn't always easy... but it was so much fun & I'm glad I worked there. I'm sure I'll still go and help with the boards occasionally, and maybe help during Christmas' if I can... at least while we live here still.
Good Bye, Great Harvest. You've been good to me.


















3 comments:
I bet you won't miss those pumpkin rolls. :)
And never underestimate the skill of scoring brownie points. :)
I made bread in honor of today being your last day. :)
Great running picture. You could come down and run a race with me, ...next year. :)
Sad day! It would be hard to leave a place you've been apart of for so long, but you have a good reason! It's probably the best reason. Kiddos are the best!
Post a Comment