I'm apologize for not posting for a while. It has been a busy month for me. We, ...... I started making Pumpkin Rolls in October, and it really picked up this month. I make quite a few, and sometimes I'm at work for 9 hours. It is exhausting, and my back has been bothering me quite a bit lately. So to say the least nothing much has really been happening except work, Pumpkin Rolls, sleep and rest in front of the T.V. We have found a few nights to do a few fun things such as; Going to see a Youth Drama production of Willy Wonka (very cute!), watching Teton Gravity (those skiers are CRAZY), and me going with my parents to see Harry Potter... which I have mixed feelings over. It was a good movie but kind evil and sad. But it is Part 1, so it's only have of the last book, so I'm hoping the next movie is much better and makes up for the solemn feeling this one portrayed.
Onto Thanksgiving. What a wonderful day. We went up to Ashton to be with all of my family this year. There were 30 of us all together, including some in-laws, but minus Devin & Julie (and their family) because they just had another BABY on the 23rd. He is so cute!!! Congratulations to them! We can't wait to meet him officially!
I am so thankful for delicious food!!! I'm thankful for the means we have to provide it. We made the mashed potatoes, gravy and GRAM CRACKER PIE!!! We peeled a lot of potatoes and had so many left over!!! We came home with a huge pot clear full! On Friday, my mom made me some Potato Salad from some of the leftovers, which is so good and I can't seem to get enough of! Mom, I need that recipe! I was a little disappointed we didn't get any Turkey leftovers... I kinda forgot about it until I was craving it that night!! It was a great Turkey! I made Gram Cracker Pie on Wednesday. It turned out the best of all that I've ever made!!!
It has a gram cracker crust, homemade custard pudding, and a meringue on top. It is definitely a Baldwin favorite, and Thanksgiving wouldn't be the same without it!
I am so thankful for my family. I really did have so much fun with them. It was so good to visit and catch up. I haven't seen Sydney in, well, I can't remember but it seems like forever. And Cole, is getting so big!!! I miss them!!
Kyle re-taught me my family's favorite game, Monopoly Deal.
We didn't really like it the first time we played, but he made me play again and I had a good time. Then I played some more with my parents on Friday and ended up buying me a deck! I'm hooked. I made Briant play with me that night and now he likes it too.... and is pretty witty. He wins a lot!
Since there is only two of us, we play to win with four sets of properties. We played like four hands today... this is my winning hand:
Black Friday was a little different for me this year. I didn't get up early. I didn't really find anything I was willing to get up that early for... or stay up really late for. Briant thought he would check out Walmart for their 12:01am sale, but after seeing the lines he turned around and came home. We ended up going around 9am and shopped for a good 4 hours. We found everything we wanted... and we didn't have to get up early!!!
I am so grateful for Briant. I love him so much!!! He is outside shoveling the four inches we got today right now. He helps me so much, especially when I've had a long day. He always knows how to make me laugh, and we have such a good time together! Thank you for all you do, B!
I am so grateful for knowledge. Through the gospel we have been given so much knowledge, and we continue to learn more. I am grateful for the spirit which leads, guides & comforts us. I'm so grateful for the opportunity that our Heavenly Father has given us to be together as a family forever. I'm grateful for the temple and the blessings that come from going there. I am most grateful for the love God has for each of us. I know that because of that love, he gives us the ultimate blessing and that is Jesus Christ. None of the above would be possible without him, and his sacrifice for us. He is my Savior, my friend, and I'm so grateful for all that he has done for me.
1 comment:
Playing with the four sets makes the game go longer with two people. I forgot to tell you though that one time we were playing it that way and Ky triumphantly put down his third set with a big smile declaring his win...oops it was pretty funny!
Glad you liked the turkey, Ky was pretty proud of it! There actually weren't many leftovers, we finished him off on Saturday. There was a ton of ham left though.
Briant is the biggest Black-Friday shopper I know! I had fun looking through the ads with him, and learning his strategies!
Post a Comment