Meet, our little Alien Gummy Bear:
Briant and I found out we were expecting on Oct 10, which happens to be the same day we found out Grandpa Giles past away. I decided to take a test that morning. I thought, why not, it is a little early, but what could it hurt. When it read 'PREGNANT' I was a little shocked and in disbelief.
"This can't be right," I said.
When I showed Briant he asked, "So, What does that mean?"
ME: "I think it means what it says, but don't get your hopes up because it could be wrong."
(I'm usually very positive, but you've got to understand I had so many NO months before this)
I took another test the next morning before work and it said the same thing. I took another that afternoon, it said the same thing. Another that Wednesday before my Doctor's apt... same. And I was still nervous when I went to see the doctor!
Here is test 3 & 4:
We were really excited but we decided to keep it to ourselves (and few select others, like my mom) until we heard a heartbeat. This was so hard to for me to do, for two reasons. One, I had tons of questions about the way I was feeling and if it was normal. The main reason why we decided to tell our parents and a few others so I could ask questions and be comforted. Two, I always have such a hard time keeping my own secrets. But, it still didn't feel real for me yet and at times I still didn't believe it was true.
Just so happens, I got the flu the next Friday, the morning of Grandpa's funeral. Yes, I believe it was the real flu. I felt very different for the next month. I haven't gotten the flu for like 7 years but when you are pregnant, your immune system gets weaker so I'm sure that is why I got it.
Today, we went in for our first ultrasound. We saw the baby right off, and it was such a relief for me. I seem to worry a lot lately! We heard a heartbeat. It was strong and normal. The measurements were good. I left with a HUGE GRIN on my face!!!
We are at 11 weeks, so almost done with the first Tri, and our due date is June 18!!!

14 comments:
Congratulations! That is so exciting! I hope you start feeling better soon!
AHHH! I am so excited for you two. You will be great parents. AHHHH!
Many many many congratulations to you both!
Congratulations!! I remember waking Tyler up to tell him I was pregnant with Bug. I was in such shock all I could do was poke him on the shoulder until he woke up. He says I could have been nicer about it. I tell him he should have woken up sooner.
I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly. Keep us posted with updates as the big day approaches.
Congrats! That is so exciting- You will make an awesome mom!
I noticed the new banner on your blog right away and squealed out loud! There is nothing better than good people getting babies!
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Cute baby picture. Did they give you any other pictures? I'm glad all went well.
My vote is BOY!
I love the new header!
Julie, Yes they gave be three pictures I just liked this one best. The other two really make it look like an alien! But that's okay, they give me something to look at and now I have proof!
Congrats!!! That's so awesome! You guys will make great parents!
I am SO excited for you guys. I know how stressful it is trying. I remember when I first found out I was pregnant. I did the same thing and took a bunch of tests. You will be such a wonderful mom. I am going to guess you are having a girl. :0)
I was so happy to see your little gummy bear pic. Congrats. Jamie and Jeff Bailey
so so exciting!!! i swear everyone decided to get pregnant right now! I took at least 8 tests each time becasue i couldn't trust the tests and i was super high risk! Seeing the baby for the first time is the best and i leave hearing the heartbeat...amazing how comforting it is and helps you feel like ok i am not making up all this craziness! if you have a boy i have this cute hockey flannel i have had for 2 years becasue when i saw it i thought oh my gosh i have to get that for briant's baby...me and a craft store...i'm a little crazy
WAHOO!!! June must be a great time to have a baby- we're due on the 15th! Congrats you guys!!! How exciting!
Post a Comment