Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

Life without kids on Halloween is, in my opinion, kinda boring.  Don't get me wrong, it's fun to dress up and go to parties with your friends.  But for me it doesn't take long for the excitement from seeing all the fun costumes to wear off.  For me, Halloween is all about the kids.  I love sitting at home and having them come to my door.  I think it will be fun to make their costumes and even more fun to take them Trick-or-Treating!
Briant, on the other hand, LOVES Halloween!!! I'm sure it is his favorite!  I have never sat at home on this holiday while I've been with him.  I love the excitement he shows as he figures out what he will be, and usually designs his own costume.  He comes up with really original ideas and plenty of people are excited to see what he chooses in the end.  Even better, his work makes a really big deal out of Halloween.  They decorate the whole place with different themes for every department.  It's always fun to see all the fun ideas they've come up with.  Briant's department's theme this year was "Wild West".  Briant dressed up as Lil' Jon Wayne.  It's a mix between Lil' Jon, the rapper (I'm sure you'd recognize him in this song with Usher, "Yeah") and John Wayne, the western actor.



They went all out for the Western theme.  Here are a few good ones Briant got...





On Saturday, my parents came over and my mom and I planted 80 tullips!!!  My yard is going to be so beautiful in the spring!  THANKS MOM!!!

After words, we went to a little party with some friends.  This is what we went as:

We played a bunch of Minute to Win it games & it was so fun!!!  We played Chocolate Unicorn (it was so close but Briant won), Face the Cookie (Melissa won), and Sticky Balls (WE TIED)!

This was by far the best though... watching someone else play the head bobble one:

I think these are pretty funny!!  
These were some games that other couples drew to play, 
but Briant thought he should get to take part in.  Ha ha!!!  I love him!




2 comments:

Lara Zierke said...

Briant always does have the best costumes. I always wait with anticipation to see what he's going to be.

The Face the Cookie picture is really funny since you are dresse up as a nun and a priest - it looks like you have Catholic wafers on your faces. :)

Emily Rupp Sessions said...

ok first off...lil john is still scary even if you dress him up in western clothes!...that wig creeps me out...and the game pictures...funny stuff...yeah except your kids have to be old enough to care about halloween for it to get fun like your talking..