Okay, back on topic. Our First Trip to Utah was on labor day weekend. It all began the day before we left, I had to go to the dentist to get some fillings done. This is what I looked like.
I made a video too, while I was still numb. I think it is pretty funny, and Devin & Julie laughed their heads off when they saw it... but I'm still debating whether or not if I should post it. What do you think?
I had my first real traumatizing experience that day when my numbing wore off and I realized I had tooth pain (I was hitting a pressure point). I tried calling and going back to the dentist but they didn't answer and their door was locked!!! It was still during their business hours too. They didn't answer their emergency number either (and didn't call me back until the next Tuesday), so I was very mad and upset. I don't think I'll be going back, which is sad because I've been going there since I was 4. I'm so thankful for a dentist who lives in our ward that came to the rescue. He was a lifesaver! I was so frustrated because we were going to Utah and I didn't want to deal with this the whole time.The next day was much better. We drove down to SLC and saw Briant's old roommate and his new wife :-)
Briant was happy to see Gary and another roommate Jesse, and catch up with them.
On Labor Day, Briant and I hiked up to the "Y".
It was a little over 1,000 vertical feet in... 1 mile I think.
Yeah, we made it!!!
Yeah, the video makes it sound like our intentions were to hike to the very top of the mountain. Not so.
Oh and "The DEV" is where Briant lived while going to BYU.
Briant looking over his old stomping grounds!
Our Second Trip to Utah was for a Hershey Reunion! It was fun meeting people I only hear Briant talk about back from him hometown. We ate, chatted, and played some games.
I regret I didn't take any pictures. But I did take a pictures of the the Homemade salsa I brought.
We didn't stay long for this trip. We went down Friday afternoon, and went straight back to Idaho after the party. We went to the party but needed to be back for this little girl's baptism the next day.
Our Third Trip to Utah was for Briant's cousin's wedding, and General Conference this past weekend. We got to stay with Devin & Julie, and we are very excited about their new house... it is a cute one!
Aaron & Terra were married in the Provo Temple. They are such a cute couple, and you can tell they are completely in love.
Briant's sister Tiffany and her little family came up too, along with Briant's parents from PA. It was so good to visit with all of them.
Madison and Logan are getting so big!
We were really excited to see Logan. He was born in June, and we hadn't met him yet.
That night, we went to Briant's mission reunion. Some highlights were listening to all the returned missionaries sing "Call to Serve" in 'Spain' Spanish, and visiting with his old mission President.
A couple Briant served with in Badajoz.
Briant's Mission President
Briant's parents got tickets to Conference so we went to the Sunday morning session.
Before the session we listened to Music & the Spoken Word. It was really awesome as always.
When the prophet walked in the Spirit we felt was amazing!
Always good to spend time with Briant's parents.
We only get to see them once in a while so every minute counts.
What fun!!! Like I said, it was a very busy month, but totally worth it. It was especially fun when all the girls went shopping, while the boys were at Priesthood session. That definitely needs to be a tradition!
3 comments:
I've always wanted to go to General Conference. So when are you guys coming up to Pennsylvania? Are you bringing Lara? Please do. I'm sure she'll fit in your luggage.
I have never been to Utah. How bad of a Mormon am I?
Looks like you had a blast!!
P.s. Homemade salsa? Looks delish!!! Recipe please!
We were at the Sunday morning session too. :)
Wow you guys are busy! Gary and his wife look so cute! You'll have to put some of the video that you took of the reunion up...i'm sure it is entertaining
Post a Comment