It all started a couple weeks ago. I serve in the Young Women's Organization for our Church. We have a Person Progress Program where Young Women ages 12-18, do Experiences & Projects to earn a Young Womanhood Recognition. One of the Young Women in our ward was working on one of her projects, and decided to have a benefit garage sale for a family with a terminally ill father in our community. She asked me a few weeks ago if she could hold it at my house because #1 I had a bigger yard than her, and #2 my house in a good location for a garage sale. Of course I agreed. So, this past week we have been getting donations from people all over our city for this garage sale, and we have been storing them in my garage. Thursday we took everything out and condensed it for more room...
By Friday night, it was completely filled again. She had a great response and got way more donations than we ever thought!
Saturday, was very busy. It started at 6am with getting everything out of the garage & into the yard. We had the whole front yard filled and a good portion of the back yard too! I wish I would have taken a picture! I went inside at 8am because I had company staying with us. They ended up selling A LOT, but did have to donate what was left to the Idaho Youth Ranch by the end of the day. Briant helped them clean up after he returned from his camp-out.
I am so proud of this Young Women and all that she earned for this family.
We bought a table from the yard sale! We couldn't pass it up. It has two leaves that can be inserted, so we will be able to use it for a while!
At 1PM my Aunt Pam had her Annual Birthday Party. Briant was at a camp-out, so I went and had a ton of fun. The weather was perfect! She always has a scavenger hunt first. Part of the hunt was making a bouquet from her flower patch. Notice my flower arrangement on the table (picture above). We also did squash bowling, apple throwing, seed naming, & potato digging. Then she had "The Amazing Race" in her corn patch. I think it was my favorite part of the party!
That night, Mom, Julie and I went to the Relief Society Broadcast. We received great counsel from the RS Presidency and our Prophet. Got to love the refreshments after too!
Sunday, we went up to Rexburg for my new baby nieces blessing. She looked beautiful in her dress. I will probably go up next week to take some pictures of her. I did get a few of her after church at the luncheon... with other people holding her...
It was such a good day. Chelsea is so precious! My sister in law's family is really fun, and it was fun talking with them and getting to know them. Thanks Johnson Family!
It's good to visit with our family too. While I was visiting, taking pictures, & holding Chelsea, Briant had a good time playing with our nieces. Kaite loved playing "tennis" with him, and he and Kami had a good time taking pictures. Poor Kami, she broke her coller bone this past week... but it doesn't seem to phase her one bit, she's still the same Kami.
Before we all left, we got a group picture. We are missing 6, but here is most of the family.
I like this one a lot, it shows our true personalities!! Ha ha!
We got other funny pictures while we were waiting...

5 comments:
What a great personal progress idea. Cute table!
The table had me speechless. Hence the lack of the stalker comment. 'Pologies.
I laughed at the picture of Briant holding his stomach.
Back in December, Mike's sister got married down in Texas. Mike's *delightful* uncle told Mike he was fat.
We got home and Mike was really upset and going on about needing to go on a diet. (keep in mind I was 4 months pregnant at this time and Julia was a month shy of 2 years old and was trying to understand why Mommy was getting fat)
I was changing Julia, Mike was standing at her head, and I was telling him, "Honey, your uncle's an idiot. You're not fat. Nobody thinks you're fat."
Julia leaned over and patted Mike's tummy.
"Daddy's baby!"
He went on a diet after that.
I totally would have come to that garage sale if I would have known about it. I am glad it went well.
I think you should post my run. 41 seconds!
Cool video !!!!!!! Barefoot???????
You are awesome!!!!!
Post a Comment