Friday, September 18, 2009

Briant's New Bike

So, most of you know I have a pretty nice bike. I love to ride, but I've always wished Briant could go with me. I work pretty close to a pawn shop that sells bikes, and I've been trying to keep and eye on them all summer looking for a good deal. My brother Kyle actually got one from this same pawn shop earlier this year for a good price.

Today I worked until 12 so I walked over and looked. I found 3 pretty nice bikes with price tags on them for under $70.00! I was pretty excited. I called Briant and asked him if he could come look at some with me. This bike was kinda behind some of the other ones and it didn't have a price tag on it. It is a pretty good brand so I asked the guy how much he would sell it for. $60.00 was his answer. First we had to hook up the back break, then we did a little test driving. We decided that it was a good bike, and was the right size for Briant. Briant of coarse tried to negotiate a little with the guy and he did bring his price down 5 bucks!
We notice that the back break was still a little tight and it grabbed the wheel a little so I took it over to Idaho Mountain Trading (with some GH cookies to bribe with) and asked them if they could loosen it just a little for me. IMT has such nice people, I highly recommend them! Now the bike runs smooth!

Briant's car is currently in the shop for maintenance, so I let him take my car and I got to ride this great find home! Yeah! Now we can go bike riding together!

5 comments:

Gurr Family said...

That is way exciting. I really want a bike.

cindy baldwin said...

We got one for Mahon from the same shop, for $40. It's a great bike for what we need it for!

Giggles said...

I should really start checking out the pawn shops around here to see what I can find.

Good bargain!

Melissa Giles said...

For all those that want a: not brand new but pretty good bike... that is three in our family that got one at Variety Mart (Pawn Shop) on Park Street in Historic Downtown, Idaho Falls.

Emily Rupp Sessions said...

awesome! Way to bargin shop!!! Hope you guys are doing good!