You are about to read a post by Briant...
This week we celebrate Melissa's birthday. I'm not going to tell you how old she is because she may not want me to, but I will give you 24 reasons why I will celebrate her birth on June 21.
In no particular order:
1. Because if I don't, she will come home from a week long camp that she has been volunteering at, with high expectations for some kind of birthday wishes, and she will deliver the proper punishment.
2. Because she makes the best mashed potatoes I have ever had.
3. Because when she goofs around and makes funny faces, I never laugh harder.
4. Because she has a heart of gold.
5. Because she climbs trees in our front yard to cut down dead branches while I watch March Madness.
6. Because if she were a Melaleuca product, she would have to be more than just one: 1. Tough n' Tender because, well, she is tough and tender, 2. Simply Fit because she likes to ride her bike to work, 3. Unforgettables because she's got the kind of heart and personality to make her someone you won't soon forget, 4. Diamond Brite because her wedding ring sure does shine, 5. Access because she is a great listener and easy to talk to, 6. Koala Pals because she's my best friend, and 6. now that she's a year older, FiberWise.
7. Because she takes great pictures, that require me to be very patient to get the right smile, angle, lighting, and all of that other camera talk, but for which I am grateful when I get to see the pictures in the end.
8. Because she's sat through quite a few ice hockey and football games with a smile, and will probably sit through many more in years to come (keep your fingers crossed).
9. Because she has a positive attitude about life that really shows.
10. Because she is very patient.
11. Because she works hard at Great Harvest and brings home delicious breads and cookies (much better than the free personal care and laundry care items that I bring home).
12. Because she likes to go to the driving range and claims she can hit the ball farther than me.
13. Because she is always forgiving.
14. Because she likes to garden and grow a lot of vegetables for us to eat with every meal (because she doesn't want me to die before her).
15. Because during floor hockey games, she delivers a mean slash to the ankles, for which we call her "Bertuzzi."
16. Because her greatest desire in life is to be the best mom she can be.
17. Because she likes to play tag in the house, even if her nieces aren't here.
18. Because she gives in and lets us eat pizza probably more than we should, and her favorite pizza is from Pizza Hut, just...like...mine.
19. Because she knows what is right and does it.
20. Because her nose makes the cutest crinkle when she laughs.
21. Because she watches The Bachelor and The Bachelorette with me, I mean, other way around.
22. Because her hugs after work are the best.
23. Because she said "Of course" in Chocolate World on March 14, 2008.
24. And finally, because she's excited to come home from that week long camp and be with...me!
Plenty of reasons to celebrate! And don't plan on ever seeing more than 29 reasons to celebrate!
12 comments:
That is an awesome list... and it was a lot of fun to read.
What a fun list! Happy Birthday Melissa!
Briant you are awesome and we are so glad that you are related to us. We hope Melissa has a great birthday!!!
So.. I took the trash out the other day, and I probably will once more before the week's up. I still don't think that comes anywhere near your post, but it is a simple way to show my love.
Thanks for being such a great husband to my little sis. Oh, and thanks (a LOT) for making the rest of us dudes look completely non-romantic.
Oh, and happy birthday Missy.
You've started comparing her to Melaleuca products. That's gotta be some kind of mela-psychosis. You better watch out! What a sweet list.
ahhh.....
You two are so cute together. What a sweet thing to do for her.
What a cute, sweet post. It was fun to get to know Melissa better! My favorite was that she loves to play tag in the house, even when her neices aren't there! :) So cute. It sounds like you two have a lot of fun together.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow, Missy! I love you lots!!!
This list was way fun and reminds me that you're pretty great too, Briant. :)
Isn't he the best?!?!
Briant,
That was so sweet! YOu have such a good heart! You two are so good together.
Mom Baldwin
Post a Comment