On one of the days after we got back, I went to the green house and got some annuals to plant in my big pots on our porch.
Here is the finished product.
I also planted some pansies, and some other annuals around the yard.
This one was one that was already in my yard when we moved in, and it looked really pretty so I thought it needed some spot light.
Here is the finished product.
I also planted some pansies, and some other annuals around the yard.This one was one that was already in my yard when we moved in, and it looked really pretty so I thought it needed some spot light.
My big project when we got home was to get my garden planted. But first I had to get the area ready, which meant digging out all the grass, ugh! I did most of it myself, but Briant came out and helped me with the last little bit, and then he helped me till.
It was so much funner with him helping and it went by a lot faster. He even helped me till a spot for the transplants my mom gave me... oh I will get to that in a minute. We were gone that weekend to the Barn so I didn't actually plant my garden until the next Monday (June 1st). I planted: Peas, Beans, Radishes, Onions, Carrots, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Peppers, Watermelon, Cucumbers, and a Crock Neck Squash. Whew!
It's a good thing I planted then because it proceeded to rain the remainder of the week, and it is still raining. Anyway, I went out to see how my garden was weathering yesterday and look what I found:
It's a good thing I planted then because it proceeded to rain the remainder of the week, and it is still raining. Anyway, I went out to see how my garden was weathering yesterday and look what I found:Radishes!

Lettace!

Peas! The rain washed away some of the dirt covering them, but you could still see that they were sprouting like good little peas.
So I covered the seeds back up with a little dirt.
The tomatoes and peppers look like they are doing well too, despite the cold nights we have been having.
Come on Mother Nature, it's June! A little more sunshine... please?!?
Lettace!
Peas! The rain washed away some of the dirt covering them, but you could still see that they were sprouting like good little peas.
The tomatoes and peppers look like they are doing well too, despite the cold nights we have been having.
Mom my has been going through quite the project. She had to dig up her front yard because of a leeky water pipe. So alot of her flowers had to be dug up too :( She asked me if I would like to have some, and of coarse I agreed! She dug a bunch of them up and put them in buckets for me (until I got back from our trip). I planted the Iris' in the front yard,
and the others in the back yard.
I know they look a little shell shocked but... you would to if you just moved from somewhere you lived for 30 years! I went out to check on them today after work and they looked great. The Day Lillies were blooming, (don't mind the weeds in the background)
and the Columbine were too.
5 comments:
Did you find a tiller? Dave's is in the shop right now. I didn't even get to use it. :( But like you I finally got my garden planted even if it was a little late.
I missed the decent weather (I was still weeding our garden) and now I am dying for it to stop raining so that I can plant my garden.
There was someone our ward that had a little one. Our dirt was like rock hard though so it was really hard to till! Briant's muscles came in really handy. My mom and dad used to have this big one that did a really nice job and made the dirt really light a fluffy. Planting was really different this time than it was when I was little with that nice big tiller. But I think it broke. I think this one did okay though for this year.
Do we really have that many flowers in our yard? I guess I should get out and look around a little bit more. At least someone knows what is "growing" on around here..haha
Yeah..that's what I used too...one of those little flowerbed tillers. It took a really long time and didn't till down very deep. Dave's is still in the shop....
Post a Comment