My new, totally rad, awesome toy!!
Today was a great day! When Briant got home from work, he was carrying a box. When I asked him what it was he told me it was a SURPRISE! Well, ya'll know how much I love surprises! He let me open it because he already knew what it was (he's known for weeks). Guess what it is?
A VIDEO CAMERA!
A big thanks to Briant's parents, for getting us this fun little toy... or tool depending on how you look at it. They took note (while we were in CR) that I love technology. His dad had just gotten a video camera (just like this one, in fact) and I had a really good time playing with his while we were there. I absolutely love it!
I haven't had it very long, only an hour or two. But because I already dinked around with his dad's I have been able to find my way around it quite well. In fact if it wasn't charging I would be playing with it right now.
It has a lot of fun little features, like it can do videos & pictures! It is a Sony and has 10.2 Mega Pixels. I am sure most of you don't care about most of that but I know that Pam, Devin and Mahon will.
There is a ton to learn about it though, which I don't mind one bit! I'm sure I have friends and family who will be able to help me big time. I'm going to have to learn how to burn DVDs now (I'm sure this is way past due). Pam? Devin? Mahon?
10 comments:
Nice!
Awe!some!
Very nicely done!! I like it. You're going to love it.
As far as editing digital video, I have one piece of advice: Get a Mac. The MacBook will be just fine. Make sure it has iLife '09 pre-loaded, and you and your video machine there will be best friends.
Oh Devin!! and His Mac (mine too for that matter). Just plug it in using that thing-a-ma-gig cord and store the video on your desktop (where else), and then burn it to a DVD, nothing to it. hahahaha
Congratulations, you will have a lot of fun with it. What kind of tape or disk does it use?
I actually just found out a way to transfer video direct to DVD:
Sony VRDMC5 DVDirect DVD Recorder
Debil, I know how much you and Mahon love your Macs but..... I'm not into it yet. I'd be so overwhelmed, I've never used one and my whole way of life would be shifted. I'd go crazy
You'd love it, and you know it.
I tell people that it takes about a month to get used to it, about 2 months to be where you were with Windows, and about 3 months to hate windows.
When you're ready to make the switch, let me know. I can help you find the right Mac for the right price.
P.S. the Pork Chops last night were fantastic!!
Oh, and in case you missed it, I posted a link to a product that would allow you to burn to DVD strait from the camera. It's more cost effective than buying a new computer.
Oh, and when are you two going to move to Utah?
That is gonna be fun. What a nice present!
Post a Comment