Saturday, January 24, 2009

Snowmen.... and women

Well, we had quite the snow fall today. We saw that it was trying to snow last night when we got home around 8. I thought to myself, oh I'll bet we'll get an inch or so tonight. Sure enough I looked out the window this morning and saw that it had snowed. BUT, as I took my first step out of the house leaving for work, MY FOOT SUNK LIKE 6 INCHES! No joke. I think I need to watch the weather more thoroughly from now on because I did not see that one coming! Well, it is Idaho, I really shouldn't be surprised. Needless to say, I was like 5 minutes late to work because I had to spend that long cleaning off the car. Then, I could only go 20 miles an hour on the way there because they don't ever bring the plows out before like 10am.
On the bright side, it was absolutely beautiful once the sun came out. (Get it, bright side?) You could see every tree branch because they all had snow on them. And you really couldn't help but think a few peaceful thoughts about how amazing some things on earth can be. Since we do live in Idaho, I really try to think of the farmers, and how grateful they are that their prayers are being answered. The positive side really is the way to look at things. It always puts me in a better mood.
But what really put me in a good mood is when I come home (after Briant had already got home) to this little guy in our driveway:

I totally loved his little surprise!

After dinner, which Briant made (what a guy!), we decided to have some fun in the snow!
Our white yard just wouldn't have been complete without one of these:

We noticed that some of our friends also made a snowman earlier today, and posted a picture on their blog. So we decided to have some fun with their snowman too. Since we live so close we drove over, and just as we were about to add some features to their snowman they walked out their front door! We tried to hide but it was too late. Well, they were on their way somewhere and after they left we changed our plans. Their snowman didn't like her previous location...
...and she wanted a dog!

4 comments:

J n J Foster said...

You two are just too funny!! The snowgirl is now demolished but we kept the dog!

the ginabean said...

I love that you two are married. A lot. You're just perfect for each other!

I spent 90 minutes shoveling our driveway yesterday. Remember how HEAVY the snow was? Ick! My back still hurts a bit from that...

And it's still snowing!

*think of the farmers, think of the farmers*

I also love that you moved your friends' snowman and gave her a doggy. I miss you!

Kyle and Kat said...

Too funny! I would definitely be okay with that kind of a dog!

Gurr Family said...

you make me laugh and miss you a lot. we need to get together and have some fun