Monday, January 19, 2009

Baldwin Family Dinner & Fun

Once a month the Baldwin family tries to all get together for dinner. We had one of these family get togethers yesterday at Chris and Chantelle's house. Dinner is usually pot luck style so we brought potatoes and brownies! Let me just tell you though, the roast that Chris made in his crock pot was YUM-MY! Kat brought cheesecake, which was absolutely wonderful, and mom brought us all some candy bars that she and dad got while they were in Canada.
We also take this time together to celebrate the family birthdays for that month. Guess who's birthday it was?
BRIANT'S!HAPPY 26th BIRTHDAY!(his birthday was actually on the 8th, I feel bad I didn't make more of a fuss about him on his actual birthday... sorry)
(he was a dang cute baby, don't you think?)
Then, we all got together and played a really fun game. It's called 'In the Manner of the Adverb'
This is how you play: Out of a large group of people, you pick one person each round to leave the room for a few minutes while you discuss something as a group. While they are gone you all decide upon an adverb; like slowly, smartly, manly, dramatically or it can be something sort of made up like Melissa-ly, dinosaur-ly, or my favorite from last night scientifically. Then you call the person back to the group who had left the room previously, not telling them of the adverb in which the group agreed upon. The person who is unaware of the adverb then picks a few people to play as actors, and tells them of a scenario in which they are to act out, in the manner of the adverb that the group agreed on. It is the unaware persons job to guess what adverb they are trying to act out. This game is really fun for ages 5+ and really helps teach kids to learn what adverbs are. I doubt that you will find a dry eye in the group by the time you are done.

I found out that Briant is a really great actor and way funny to watch. There was one time that I was picked to leave the room and I picked Briant to act. I knew within the first 20 seconds what the adverb was but I didn't say anything because it was just so funny to watch them.
Here is a picture of everyone being sleepy on a school bus.

The adverb on this one is Germanly, on an airplane.

Superstitiously on a roller coaster.
Some others were, clumsy at an interview (which my mom played very well) , manly doing the dishes, and scientifically at the candy store.

Thanks everyone for such a great time and all the delicious food!!!

2 comments:

Kyle and Kat said...

Last night was soooo fun! But the absolute funniest one was when you left the room! Briant is one hilarious guy! And I must say- he and Chris make a funny team!! -hkb

Julie Baldwin said...

THAT'S IT NEXT TIME IT'S AT OUR HOUSE, WE ARE SICK OF MISSING OUT ON ALL THE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!