So a few weeks ago Briant got some really good tickets at the last minute to the BYU football game, so we decided to go to Provo for it. Also I thought it would be fun because my family was going to be down there, and I would get to see them too, plus Briant is always telling me he is going to buy me a BYU sweatshirt when we go down to Provo(which we didn't get this time because we didn't have time to go to the bookstore).
A few days before the BYU-New Mexico football game, my buddy offered me his tickets to the game for $16 a piece and they were up high in the southwest corner of the stadium. I thought long and hard about this one because I knew this would be my only chance to go to a game this season. Well, I decided not to take the tickets because I wanted Melissa to come with me but she had to take pictures at a wedding, the weather was going to be bad, and it was just New Mexico they were playing, which I knew BYU would win. So I turned my buddy's offer down. Then Friday, at about 3 pm, I was walking by Frank's office at work, and his secretary called me over and said, "Are you interested in going to the BYU game this weekend?" I looked at the tickets, which were Cougar Club tickets on the 14th row at about the 25 yard line, and I said "Oh yeah, that would be awesome!" So I called Melissa to tell her, and we changed some plans and headed down to Provo on Saturday for the Homecoming game!
We had some nice seats. We were on the east side behind the New Mexico bench. The student section is still cooler because everyone stands up, and there's just more life, but hey, who can complain? We had a great view of the game. The only time at BYU when I had better seats than these was in 2001 when BYU played Utah, and Luke Staley ran it down the sideline for the game winning touchdown! I was like 10 rows up, at the 40 yard line, in the student section!
We were so close to the action! BYU scored on this drive.
I knew the weather was going to be a little chilly, but Melissa looked like a tick about to explode with all the layers she had on. She must be cold blooded. I told her she might be the only one at the game with that kind of winter hat on, but nope, she fit in with all the Peruvians at the game!
BYU won 21-3. The game lacked the high powered scoring that we've seen the Cougs manage this season (minus last weeks game against TCU...that was lame). But they still played great defense and pulled off the W. The last series of the game with BYU's four sacks in a row was awesome! Hopefully we can go to some games next season too!
On our way back to Idaho, traffic came to a stand still for 45 minutes because of this nasty accident. There were a lot of ambulances and police cars whizzing by us to get to the scene. And it was weird because it was only snowing in that area. The rest of the drive was good, especially because Melissa drove once we got to Idaho. I don't enjoy that part of the drive, especially from Pocatello to Idaho Falls. Boring!
5 comments:
I'm so jealous. The best I can do here is listen to the games on the internet. But you can bet I'm doing that. Season tickets last year were definitely worth it. And football in the cold and snow is just better I think.
But I'm glad you were able to drive safe. That's always a good thing.
I'm pretty sure that you need to post like this more often...ya know, the she said, he said thing, but really it's just one person doing all the writing. Makes for a fun read!
By the by, I'm going to the UNLV game this Saturday...the Cougars better play better than they did last game!
Looks like tons of fun! I am ashamed to say that I haven't even sat down through a whole game of football this year! What has life come too? Seriously, I loved Missy's hat and wish I could have been there.
Love the new blog!
yeah well...i spell lots of things wrong in my blogs but you should consider yourself priveleged to be one of those.:) Nice post. Very funny. i'm jealous that you get to go to games. We don't even get them on cable. sad!!!!
Briant, I read your article "Be Presentable, Ladies" and I searched the Web to find a place to tell you that I totally agree.
I think sweatshirts are the most unattractive thing a women can possibly wear... unless its my little sister; she looks good in everything.
Anyway, you rock.
Post a Comment