Saturday, October 25, 2008

Bet you didn't see this coming!

One thing that my dad taught me was to develop the ability to anticipate things, especially as they relate to a relationship with my wife. For example, anticipate that the dishes need to be done before they pile up and my wife has to do them. Anticipate that the floor needs to be vacuumed because guests are coming over so I should do it before my wife does. Anticipate that the garbage needs to be taken out before my wife has to to do it. So you see the point is to anticipate things that need to be done before your wife looks like she's upset and when you ask her why all she says is, "No, everything is fine," but then you really know she is concerned/upset/stressed out about something.

Well, I think I'm pretty good at anticipating things around the house, but one area that I am trying to improve on is anticipating when my wife needs a hug, or a kiss, or me to listen to her, or me to snuggle with her, or me to simply tell her that I love her.

So, while my wife is working at Great Harvest this morning, which I really appreciate as she continues to work to save money for me to go back to school one day and get my MBA, I thought I'd do something to surprise her; write on our blog and tell her how much I love her!

I must be the luckiest guy in the world to have such a wonderful wife. She means the absolute world to me, and I would do anything for her. I love her fun, positive, and upbeat attitude about life. It's contagious. I love her for her huge heart and how much she cares for me and others. She makes me laugh and smile, and I love being with her. She is beautiful in every way. Love you!

3 comments:

Melissa Giles said...

I love you too! Your the best! You really are very good at anticipating when things need to be done,(in fact, you are way better than me). I don't know if I tell you that enough. Thank you so much for all you do. I love your happy smile and your ho ho ho laugh!!! You pretty much make me the happiest girl in the world!!! Love you...+ 1

cindy baldwin said...

Woah - very cool picture collage! I am impressed.

Tracie said...

AAHHHH how sweet! Did you mention that you have a beautiful wife? I love the pics.