Friday, May 9, 2014

The MBA Graduate

Today was a big day!  We have been preparing for it for about 6 years.  Briant explained his plan to me while we were dating.  But really, Briant has been preparing for it for much longer.  He got the grades and did the hard work in high school, at BYU, at Melaleuca, and here at IU, to be where he is today.  I'm so proud of him.  While we both made sacrifices, he made way more.  He's the one that had the plan, prepared for school, and did all the studying.  He deserves a huge pat on the back and some major recognition!

Today, Briant is a MBA Graduate.
I am SO proud of him.  He has always been driven, motivated, and works so hard!  All strong reasons why I fell in love with this amazing man.  Seeing him reach his goals makes me love him even more.

Briant has wanted this for so long, and while I know he wanted it for himself, I also know he did it for his family too.  So we all can have a better future.  He wants to be a good supporter. That makes me think the world of him for putting our needs in sight.  I couldn't have asked for a better man at my side.

Briant has had some great support along the way.  I want to thank Briant's parents for teaching him how important a good education is and supporting him along the way.

Here are some more pictures from the actual ceremony:
Shaking hands with the Dean.

After he got his diploma.

Clapping for those who have supported him.

This was what Andrew was doing the last half of it.
Some more after the ceremony:
Little stinker keep sticking out his tongue.  This would have been
a great picture too.

Here is one of all of us that were there.
I took some pictures of Briant earlier this week so we would have less to worry about today (and so I could space out my energy).  Here are my favorites:





He also wanted a picture with the library that he spent some quality time in.


Here are some more I wanted to include:
Here is a picture taken of Briant and his Consumer Marketing Academy.
Briant was awarded some pretty fun awards.  In his class he was voted runner up for "Most Likely to Become CEO" and "Most Likely to Teach Your Kids Marketing Frameworks," but he did win the award outright for "Most Reliable Teammate".


He jokingly said he was voted most likely to represent the entire MBA
class at the university wide commencement.... since he was the only one
who attended it.  Ha ha.  I thought he was serious.

So here we have it.  After two years...
... we have completed the next chapter of our lives.  We are very excited for the future and the opportunities that lie in our path (prepare for pictures of baby#2 and life in Hershey).

2 comments:

Vic and Kathy Baldwin said...

Congratulations Briant! You are amazing! We're glad to be your parents-in-law.

Giggles said...

Congratulations!!

I think the one with Andrew sticking out his tongue is the perfect family photo. Gotta love those little personalities!