Before and after the Giles Reunion I stayed with my brother Devin and his family in Utah. I was also able to go see my brother Mahon and his family and have dinner with them. After my time in Utah, I went and got a rental car and we drove to Idaho. The first 3 days there we had a Baldwin Family Reunion. From there, I went and stayed with my parents for 4 days, and then I flew home. Words can not describe how good it felt to just be with family... and it only got better from there. I have really missed my family this past year, and being with them is just what I needed. The love that I have for them grew while in their presence, and I realized how grateful I am for the wonderful family I have.
It is hard traveling with a toddler by yourself. We really missed Briant. Andrew was a little more clingy than normal and that was difficult for me, because at times there are just things that need to be done. There are thinks that I wish had done a little differently, and I learned many lessons with this trip that will hopefully make future trips better. First and foremost, I want my husband to be there. I really wish I could have spent more time with Ky's family. I didn't get much time with just them. I also regret so many pictures I didn't take-- was unable to take. I wish I would have made more time for that. While I was staying with my parents, I went to see my Great Harvest Family and I never got a picture there. I also went to see a really close friend and I never got a picture with her. I didn't get many pictures of my parents either.
OK, now to the pictures I did take.
 |
| Nicholas loves his pudding. |
 |
| They love trying on shoes. |
 |
| Surprise face. |
 |
| Buddies. Andrew learned a lot from him. |
 |
| Cute little munchkins. |
 |
| THIS little boy loves the trampoline! |
 |
| Great times in the tube. |
 |
| It wasn't really for me. |
 |
| The kids loved it. They played in it all the time! |
 |
| I'm pretty sure these two have been best buds from Day 1. |
 |
| We loved the puzzle wars. Great idea mom! |
 |
This is Chayce. He's my new nephew.
He gave me a bath in spit up.
That's right little man, I'll never forget that! |
 |
| Mom and Dad's reaction to their Anniversary Present. |
 |
| 40 YEARS |
 |
| What an incredible thing. |
 |
My dad was recently diagnosed with
Alzheimer's Dementia, with some Parkinson-isms.
The memories with him are even sweeter. |
 |
Blowing out their Banana cake that Kat made. That was their original
cake on their wedding day. It was a really good cake! |
 |
The people with birthday's that month got to blow out candles too.
Nick helped Sydney with hers. Still can't believe she is 16! |
 |
| Chris too. Did Cindy ever get to blow out the candles? |
 |
Chris gave us all these balls for our birthdays. They are call Perplexus.
The one he gave me was was the easiest. Lots of people solved it
at the reunion. It still took me a while, but I did too before we left. |
 |
| Sweet Anna. |
 |
| ... and Devin. |
 |
| Love those faces! |
 |
| Little Chelsea! She sure has grown up. |
 |
Andrew LOVED all the animals. I'm sure
we will have to get one some day. |
 |
| Kat, when she finished Perplexus. |
 |
Andrew loved playing Grandma's piano.
He warmed back up to my parents right away,
and loved playing with them.
He also loved her kisses. He still asks for
Grandma kisses. |
I didn't take these, but I thought I would include them anyway for memories sake.
 |
| Grandma and Grandpa with all their Grandchildren. 12 and soon to be 14. |
 |
| We were all together for the first time in a long time. We had to get pictures. |
 |
| The original family. My how we have grown. |
 |
| And we always have to be silly in a few. |
 |
| CHRIS! |
 |
These two are pretty close. It was fun to french braid their hair and
make them into twiners. |
Sorry, folks these are not going to be in chronological order. I decided I needed to add a few I took with my phone.
 |
| He loves to splash in puddles. |
 |
We went to visit Aunt Pam at a horseshow. I was so worried Andrew would scare a horse.... but he didn't. Thanks goodness! |
 |
I had this very real quest as Nick's aunt to get a picture of his mad elf face as a toddler. Whenever he would get angry and whip out his bottom lip, I would whip out my phone. Sometimes he stopped other times he just got angrier. |
 |
This is probably about as good as I got. Too bad it's blurry. |
 |
| Ash was so good at watching the little ones. Andrew loved her! |
 |
| Chelsea loved the kitties too. |
 |
| Andrew in his age group. |
 |
| Another age group. |
 |
| They all loved riding the 4 wheeler. |
 |
My Aunt Pam was awesome at getting Andrew to stop being so clingy. He warmed right up to her. Plus she let him pick tomatoes and peppers, which he LOVED! |
 |
Too bad this is blurry. He loved building blocks with Grandma. |
2 comments:
I loved watching Andrew trying to feed that goat sand!!
This was a very special post. I always feel a reward knowing that my kids love each other and enjoy being together. Sometimes it takes leaving home to learn that - the boys learned that while on their missions. I don't think I learned it in my life until my sons started leaving home. Then I appreciated my siblings more. I guess the important thing is that we learn that lesson sometime during our lifetime.
Post a Comment