Sunday, August 18, 2013

July Mobile Moments

I must begin all of the posts ahead (about all of the festivities this summer) with last months mobile pictures... now that we are half way through August.
July was a huge month!  I took tons of pictures!

It all began with a trip to the ER...  
...and my first CT scan
Here's the story behind the picture: After a weird and intense migraine (the day before my birthday) and another that followed the week after, I decided I needed to see a doctor about it.  I only get a small migraine every 6 months or so, and after I get one it goes away for another 6 months.  This one came with numbness in my arm and face, slurred speech and it lingered with headaches-- then gave me another small migraine.  The ER doctor said this was a classic "Complex Migraine" and as with all migraines there was nothing anyone could do about it.  I already knew that.  I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something else going on causing them.  So I got my first ever CT scan.  The result, a healthy brain and a prescription for pain meds (that can cause ticks).  Must have been stress.  One day after a night of migraine and other unpleasant matter, I took a good walk.  The next day, no headache.  I decided to test an experiment. I went for do a good run/walk every morning for the following week.  I also took Ibuprofen for any tiny ache in my head (a friend told me to take the meds  even for the tiny headaches to disrupt any migraine cycle that might be going on).  I haven't gotten another migraine in the time since.  Thank goodness for exercise and blood flow obviously needed in my brain.  I hope and pray I don't go through another migraine cycle like that again.


Andrew and I found a frog outside.


We took a bunch of pictures inside and then let him go.

At story time, he always picks the pink shaker eggs.

Thank goodness for this stuff.  We thought we
were going to have to buy a new car seat.

Independence Day fireworks in Hershey.

Doesn't compare to Idaho Falls Melaleuca Freedom Celebration,
but it was still pleasant.

He's tall enough.

We did the Hershey Trolley Tour. 


Hershey street light.

And factory.

Hershey likes to spell with bushes.

 It was cute.

He is a regular fish now!

He loves being in the pool.


At a local BBQ restaurant.  They had a blues band playing out back.
It was pretty cool.

The library had an exhibit.  Diggers.  Of course we went.

We met a friend there and had fun exploring.

They had some fun activities.


He ate it up.


My b-day gift!

He can say all their names!

And their names too.


He likes my headbands.

I already did a post about our Anniversary trip to NYC.
But I took all the pictures with my phone so I stuck a few on again.




Made a cute onsie for my nephew.

He loves to do this, and he's pretty good at it.

He knows he's cool.


Another head band.


On the plane, ready to fly!

He's set for take off.

In the air.
We were watching a thunder storm from above.  COOL!

He feel asleep on my lap way after bedtime!
He woke up after we landed and stayed awake for a while.

When you are in the middle of getting your rental car
a makeshift changing table will have to do.

Devin was playing with my phone.

OH how I missed these mountains!!


Nich!

Swimming buddies!

Warming up after the swim.

They all fell asleep after swimming.  Good times for
the adults!

Pizza Pie Cafe... too bad Briant couldn't be there with us.  It's his fav.

This is how it's done for a tall husband.

The kids were in heaven.

He was obsessed with this lawn mower.

Ring around the rosies.

WOW!!

Yep, he liked it too!


Cute moment.

Devin playing with my phone.  This is how it turned out, Devin.

4 Wheeling at the Giles Family Reunion.

Rob, Madison and Logan.

Uncle Brad took me on a trip up the mountain.  We didn't know these
had followed us until we got to the top.  And boy what a sweet view!

Briant's cousin and his cousin's nephew.


Me and Uncle Brad!
Can you find the Snow College "S"?

Pink Mustache Prize

Andrew's first Merry-Go-Round... he loved it!

More Swimming with different cousins....

Had a great time with them too.

Corn Hole

A Sea of Red while watching the 100 years of Giles Movie.

Back at Devin and Julie's watching the garbage truck.

They have a great rubber chips box.

And they have good puddles.

Nick gets a really sad face when he gets hungry.

But is super happy 10 minutes later once there
is some food in him.

Visiting Aunt Pam at a horse show.  They had a great time in her van.

Still loving those mountains.

Nick got really sad on the way home.
He just couldn't handle "If You're Happy and You
Know It" one more time!



She was counting to 100.

A quick pit stop at the raspberry bush for Nick.

Going for a ride in Andrew's stroller.
Stay tuned to next months mobile moments, it is pretty full as well!

1 comment:

Alesha said...

I'm glad you found something to help your headaches. my father-in-law gets cluster headaches, and the only way to stop them when he feels one coming on is to stop everything he's doing and run for a mile or so. Looks like July was a lot of fun!