I first got put in YWs as the Camp Director in 2009 and and then the Secretary shortly after. I have learned so much and loved every minute of it. I've given quite a few lessons now and it doesn't bother me anymore. I don't get nervous at all! It's even helped when speaking to the congregation in Sacrament Meeting (still get nervous just not as nervous).
Last year, I decided that I wanted to work towards and earn the Young Women's Medallion again as a leader. I'm so glad I made this decision because I've learned so much & built upon what I already knew.
I feel like it is so important to know who your are and set goals as to who you want to be. Personal Progress helps you do that.
It also helps you to prepare to go to the temple. This is something I've already done but I learned more about how I can prepare for the temple each time I go.
PP helps you learn more about our Savior. The project for Virtue requires you to read the Book of Mormon. I was grateful for the opportunity. Each time I read this wonderful book, I learn something new. Each time I read, it applies to my life and what I'm going through at that specific time. I gain a stronger testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ. He loves me. I know that his example is perfect and by following him I can return to live with my family and Father in Heaven. He will always help me, he will fight for me, and he knows how to comfort me.
PP helps you learn more about our role as a wife and mother. Like I said, I learned a lot as a teen earning this award, but I learned even more about the mother I want to become as an adult. This role is even more important and sacred to me know. I know that my calling as a mother is divinely important and that God is there to help me along the way.
I finished all the requirements just in the nick of time to earn my medallion before we move. The bishop presented me with my medallion today.
We are really going to miss our ward. This was our last Sunday. I only wish I could have had more time to say goodbye to everyone and tell them good bye. Good bye Westhill. God be with you all till we meet again... or until I come back to visit :)


1 comment:
I've been in Young Women for the last year and a half. Talking about the different Personal Progress experiences I was working on has been a great FHE topic.
Post a Comment