This time, it wasn't a hoax! Ha!
Remember a few weeks ago when the world was captivated by the story of a run away, UFO-like, silver balloon flying in the skies above Denver?A 6 year old boy, Falcon Heene, was missing, and his parents who had built the balloon, thought he was inside. Well, it turns out the kid was hiding in the attic the whole time because, well, he "did it for the show!"

So I decided I would be Falcon. I made the costume out of a box, an emergency blanket, silver wrapping paper, and 16 helium balloons. I made suspenders inside of it so it would be easy to carry around on my shoulders. The coolest part was that I could see through the blanket, but nobody could see in. I didn't even have to cut eye holes! Oh, and I had better mention that I did wear a Colorado shirt with a "Falcon" name tag (can't forget details). So here I am below, on the far left, with the rest of the Marketing group.
I got some good laughs from some people, but not as many as the Yip-Yips from Sesame Street though. They looked great.
We had a good time that day. Our department won the award for most creative group. That stems from our room at work that we turned into a space ship and outer space.
On Halloween night we had a party (which was very fun and hilarious!) at our house with some couples from our ward, so I did get to dress up as Lil Jon after all. I gave my brother my Pope costume to wear to his parties, and he became an instant celebrity! Until next year everybody!
So I decided I would be Falcon. I made the costume out of a box, an emergency blanket, silver wrapping paper, and 16 helium balloons. I made suspenders inside of it so it would be easy to carry around on my shoulders. The coolest part was that I could see through the blanket, but nobody could see in. I didn't even have to cut eye holes! Oh, and I had better mention that I did wear a Colorado shirt with a "Falcon" name tag (can't forget details). So here I am below, on the far left, with the rest of the Marketing group.
On Halloween night we had a party (which was very fun and hilarious!) at our house with some couples from our ward, so I did get to dress up as Lil Jon after all. I gave my brother my Pope costume to wear to his parties, and he became an instant celebrity! Until next year everybody!
5 comments:
I didn't realize you wore a Colorado shirt. Nice detail.
That's awesome, Briant. No other word for it. :)
That is sooo funny!!!
Briant- that is so funny! Cracked me up. Just found your blog and thought I would drop a note. I've got one too: http://mernjeff.blogspot.com/. By the way, you and your wife make the cutest couple that I have ever seen!!
-Meredith
That's awesome!
Post a Comment