Monday, May 25, 2009

Tribute to a Wonderful Friend

Before I get started with all the vacationing, I wanted to pay tribute to a really great friend that passed away last week while we were gone.
Her name was April.
She was born on my brothers bed on April 18, 1993. Her mother, Holly, was given to us by my Aunt Pam. She had four brothers and she was the only girl, so I immediately felt a connection with her. She and I had so much fun together. She really liked Mahon too, as you can tell... When I got my first cameras, April was my subject. Nobody would let me take their picture, except her. When I went to find some pictures of her in my archives (film mostly, because I didn't have a digital when I was taking the majority of her pictures) I found a picture of her in almost every roll.I watched her grow up, learn tricks, and comfort those in need. She always loved it whenever one of us came home to visit.April passed away on May 21, 2009 from being old and warn out. She was blind, deaf, and had arthritis. She couldn't get up that morning and she wasn't drinking water, so my Mom and Dad felt it was the right thing to do to put her to sleep. We were all sort of preparing ourselves for that day to come, because she has shown signs of extreme aging for the past couple years. But still the news was sad when I heard it. She was such a good little dog. Thank you April, for being my friend. Thank you for your cute little perked up ears, and your friendly tail wagging whenever I came home. I love you little April puppy-dog! God be with you till we meet again.

2 comments:

Lara Zierke said...

Just remember all dogs go to heaven. Rest in peace, April

Gurr Family said...

I remember April from high school. She was really a cute dog.