Sunday, May 20, 2012

First Mother's Day

I know this is kinda late.  I had it started before we went on our trip, but didn't finish it before we left.
My running buddy.

Becoming a mother changes your life forever.  You are responsible for so much and your purpose in life expands.  You have moments of joy, stress, worry, love, & you always wonder if you are doing enough.  It's hard... and I've only done (almost) one year of it.  But I would never go back!  I LOVE being a Mommy!
As I was going to get my Mommy candy bar that they give us in church, I thought I would feel different.  But to be honest, I didn't.  I don't want to down play being a Mom in any way but I still felt like the same me.  Kinda like after you get married or when you have a birthday.  Same person, just more.  A more that I love, embrace, and cherish.  I love my little boy so much.  It's a different kind of love than I have ever felt, and it just keeps growing.
I have gain far more appreciation for my mom and what she did and does for us.  She is still inspired in our behalf.  My mom always knows what I need to hear.  I love her so much & I'm really going to miss living close to her.
And of course, I wouldn't be a Mother without my wonderful husband.  Thanks for making my first Mother's Day special!

No comments: