Thursday, January 12, 2012

Baby Wearing

I've always liked the idea of "wearing" babies.  It's a great way for me to be hands free, but still close enough to kiss my baby at the same time (and I kiss him ALOT).  It is also very good for baby.
I used a Moby Wrap a few times these past 6 months but I want to show you my new discovery.  Mei Tai Wraps!  My cousin Kayla showed me these wraps and she also introduced me to the Baby Wearers Group in Idaho Falls.  
I am so excited to share because I love these things!!  I stared using my first one about a month ago.  I borrowed it from the BWI of S. Idaho's library.  Seriously like every time I put A Man in it he fell asleep (being of course around nap time anyway).  One Sunday my husband and I both had to teach at church so I stuck my little guy in it and he slept the whole time I was teaching!
I still go and do the boards at GH when needed, and this week I had to go do the ones at 17th GH while Briant was working.  So I took the Mei Tai and...
A Man was a gem.  He seemed to really be interested in what I was doing.

He didn't last the whole time (I ended up putting him in a high chair which he also loved) I think he got bored but it just goes to show... YOU CAN DO ANYTHING AND GO ANYWHERE WITH YOUR BABY.
So I just wanted to get the word out and share my experience.  Not only is it awesome, but very practical to join BWI of S. Idaho.  You only pay an annual fee (which is used for washing etc.), and you can try out many different kinds of wraps.  If you are looking to buy your own than this is a great way to find the right kind for you, but I liked joining just because it's much cheaper in the long run. You get to use a bunch of different kinds as your baby grows rather than just buying one that you probably wouldn't get to try out first from the store.  And the annual fee is less than the cost of one that you would buy in most cases.  
They also show you lots of different tips for wearing at the frequent meetings they have.
Anyway, it's awesome!!

2 comments:

cindy baldwin said...

Woah, what a cool group! I've never heard of a babywearing group that lets you use their wraps. I love the mei tai carriers - plenty of lower back support!

Travis and Kayla said...

Thanks love! You're such a doll!