Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The New Adventure Coming Our Way

The time was ticking down to the time when Briant would get home from work.  I was antsy.  I had been waiting all day for him to walk through the door so we could finally open his email.  He had promised to wait and open it with me.  This was a special email... one that would tell us alot about our future.  We were hoping for happy news, but of course it could always go the other way.

Then, I heard the door knob turn and then a happy, "Hello!"  The excitement overcame me and I could feel the adrenaline surge making me want to jump up and shout for joy!

Finally, the moment came and he double clicked the link that would tell of our future.  Almost instantly, he jumped for joy!

"There it is!  We're in!!"

We both jumped for joy, hugging and shouting.  We looked down to our son, who much to our surprise was wearing a frowny expression and a look of dismay.  In all of our joy, we had scared him.
We were both very excited because...
BRIANT GOT IN TO DUKE!!!

We are grateful for this wonderful opportunity.

I am very excited too.  I get alot of comments like, "It's going to be very different for you."  And, "You are going to really miss your family."  I have to just smile and say, "I know, but I know it's the right thing."

I will miss some things for sure. I'll miss, duh MY FAMILY (and the newest little one growing up)!  Snow for Christmas (well, I guess if we visit Briant's parents, we won't have to worry about that one).    I'll miss our Melaleuca Independence Day Fireworks on the Snake River.  My Mom.  Going into GH.  My friends. Going to see my Aunt Pam's flourishing garden.  My flower & veggie garden.  Seeing people everywhere that I know and stopping to have a conversation and catch up.  Family dinners & reunions.  I'm going to miss going to go see Yellowstone.  The list could go on and on.
It all makes me tear up thinking about it.  But, whenever I think about this I'm reminded of the song in the movie Fiddler On The Roof--  Far From the Home I Love.  It really does describe my situation perfectly.  I'm going because Briant is my Home.  I love him. I would be lost if I wasn't by his side.
I really have to look at the positives.
I'm very excited to see a different part of our country.  I'm excited to meet new people.  I'm actually really excited to see what it's like to be in a state that isn't a predominately Latter-Day Saint Community.  I'm excited for 70 degree weather in December.  And I'm excited for the opportunities this all brings us.  I'm so very grateful for Skype, my computer, and cell phones.  And, I've already been reassured that we will come back for many visits.
I knew this would happen when I married Briant, I've prepared for it for 4 years.  And I'll end with something I learned long ago when I got up tight about this topic.  What doesn't matter in Eternity, doesn't matter.

5 comments:

Travis and Kayla said...

SO STINKING EXCITED! WAHOO!!

Kyle and Kat said...

I am requesting a Duke Blue devils T-shirt!

Sister Brittster said...

I feel you girl. My move is coming so fast (first week in January) and nothing is ready yet. I'm sad to leave my family behind, but I also know that it is the right thing for us and our family. You have such a wonderful attitude about such a wonderful opportunity. Congrats to Briant. Enjoy every minute! What a great blessing!

Lara Zierke said...

While I have never been to North Carolina, it is the place I want to live (I have a checklist of features and it meets the most of them). I am a bit jealous of your adventure.

angelbellasucan said...

Thanks for your nice posts. hublot replica