Monday, June 20, 2011

Waiting Patiently

Well here we are finally at 40 weeks.

I appreciate everyone who calls daily to see how I am and if I have good news.  The truth is, no JR has not made his grand entrance yet.  We are still patiently waiting.  Good news is, he can't stay in there forever... and I'm slowly progressing!  Hopefully it should be sometime this week.

Briant's parents came out to visit this last week.  We had great times with them!


Last Sunday, we all drove over to my parents home to have a BBQ.  It was a great day for grilling and eating on the deck!
Briant doing what he does behind the grill...

Dad, finding something to light the grill with.
Easy, dad!

MIL & FIL making punch...

Me getting in the way...

After dinner, we played a nice game of horseshoes...

Yes, pregnant people can still play horseshoes... even thought it looks funny.
I know I throw with the wrong foot in front people, but I have a system and
 I'm not about to change it... and I earned most of the points for our WINNING team.  So there

Before we left I had a go on the swing,
it actually felt pretty good to stretch!


While Steve & Gaylene were visiting they helped us get a lot of home projects accomplished that we've been wanting to do.


They helped us wash our windows (I could never figure out how to take 
the windows out to do in between the screen),
pulled lots of weeds and spray others,
fix our broken gate,
& put up shutters... just to name a few.

Briant loving that power tool!

Gaylene came out to see how the progress was coming, and she slipped on my chacos.  
I teased her just a little for wearing socks with them... Haha!!

We also had many lovely dinners, meaningful conversations, and a couple trips to good 'ol Reeds!!
Thanks for a great week!!!  We love you!

Yesterday, marked 40 weeks for JR.  We really tried to jump start things to get him here.
We did chores around the house then headed here to walk around...

We saw lots of fun animals including, lions, sloth bears, penguins,
monkeys (that don't know much about hygiene), and one of my favorites
the baby zebra!
Ooh!  So cute.
The tiger was no where to be seen, bummer!

We'll keep trying.  I've also been doing the stairs and jumping jacks!!!

This was actually from Baby Shower weekend but it was so cute I had to put it up.
Anna, learned how to turn off the lawn mower 
while we were still going.  Ha ha!
Just another thing pregnant people CAN do.... 
and just maybe what I'll try next!

2 comments:

Gurr Family said...

Since you posted this last night I will hope that maybe you have had your baby since then. :)
I am excited for you to have a little one around. Good luck!!

Brandon and Julie said...

good luck, I hope he comes soon! You did lost of things, maybe that will help out a little!!