There is something else I've been listening to A LOT lately....... WICKED (the Broadway Musical).
I absolutely love musicals but especially this one! I am intrigued with the blend of amazing voices (from the original cast, because that's all I've listened to), the storyline, and the whole interpretation / plot that you get from listening to the music.
BUT, I haven't been successful at actually hearing the whole story. I tried reading the book.... that was a big mistake because, it was very naughty (I couldn't even get through 2 chapters)!!! I've been to the OFFICAL WEBSITE and seen all the video clips.... and it only made me want to see the actually musical more & more!!! But lets face it that is not possible because:
#1 It only shows in a handful of cities regularly (that aren't anywhere close to Idaho.... well, except San Francisco) and on tour to other cities that aren't close either. But, check this out. I checked the official website today and saw they will be touring in Boise, ID in ....... drum roll please........ 5/04 - 5/15..... 2011, then in Spokane, WA the very next week!!! Really, who can plan that far in advance at this stage of ones life?
#2 It is expensive. I've seen prices ranging from $50 - $150.
But, in all of my searchings today I did find 2 really good things. The first is Wikipedia's telling of the whole story, and best of all this little article telling about possibly making it into a movie!!!!

5 comments:
Hey--this is Cindy's mom (also Cindy) and I just tried to comment a big long comment, and it got lost.
So the short version is, it's absolutely worth buying tickets that are a year away and driving to see it. It's awesome. But the book is creepy.
My sister was in New York 2 weeks ago and she looked into tickets for Wicked on Broadway. And they were over $200! I didn't even know they could be that much. Outrageous.
I really really really really really want to see it.t
Oh that would be so awesome! And I agree with my mom... it is SO WORTH SEEING. Truly, truly. You guys should go!!!
That is so cool it is coming to Boise. You've got to splurge and see it. It is life changing!
Post a Comment