Friday, March 19, 2010

Vacation in Las Vegas

I'm quite sure that we are not the only ones that get a major case of Spring Fever around this time of the year. A hint of sunshine makes me go crazy, because I just want to go lay out on the lawn and read a book. But as we all know here in Idaho, that is not feasible in March because it is still too cold, and the grass is brown and soggy. So we thought it would be a perfect time for a little get away. Briant's sister lives in Las Vegas, and we haven't seen her in a while, so we thought it would be a perfect opportunity to go visit her family and get a little sun too.



The weather was perfect for us the whole time we were there. As you can see, the trees were just starting to bloom... I loved it!
We wore shorts and sandles the whole time! I was so excited to be able to wear my chacos again! I'm not sure I'll be able to stop wearing them now, even if it is cold outside!


The first morning we were there, we went to the park with Tiffany and Madison. I got some great pictures of Madison on the slide. She absolutely loved it!

Briant had a great time playing with Madison. She instantly bonded with him as soon as we got there. He is so good with kids, it's fun to see that side of him.



That night we went shopping at Town Square. I found some great treasures at one of my favorite stores, New York & Company! It's probably a good thing we don't have that store in Idaho Falls, because I buy something every time I go there :)
After we were tired of shopping, and after I spent my limit, we went to see Fremont Street since Briant had never been there.


The show we watched was about March Madness and they had all the college flags up, so of course Briant loved it!

Madison is adorable!


The happy Peart family!

The next morning, Tiffany let us take their car and we headed off to the temple. It is an absolutely beautiful temple!


I loved that there was a ton of flowers everywhere!


We saw this place, and I made Briant pull over so I could sneak a peek,

then we ate lunch at one of our favorite places... Panda Express (we don't have one in Idaho).



Our next stop was to the Hoover Dam. We did end up taking the Dam tour, and we learned a lot. The amout of contrete they used to make that thing is mind boggling. Oh and did you know that there is enough water behind that Dam to cover the whole state of Pennsylvania with one foot of water? Wow!


Here is the new bybass bridge they are building, it is almost 900 feet above the river. It will be finished by the end of this year. I think Briant was more excited about the Dam bridge than the actual Dam.
That night, Briant and I headed down to the strip. We checked out New York - New York, Coke-a-Cola World, some malls, and M&M's world. I think I took Briant off gaurd with this photo.

The next day, was a chill day. Briant spent the morning watching the BYU vs Florida game for March Madness, while Tiffany and I worked on her BLOG.

We went shopping that afternoon. Actually, Briant played with Madison while Tiffany and I shopped :)

That night we all went to the Cheesecake Factory. Briant and I treated ourselves to some dessert, something we rarely do. But we were so stuffed from dinner, we saved it for later that night. Mmmmm! I was so good!


We had a blast in Vegas, and just FYI we didn't gamble at all.

Thanks Tiffany, Rob, and Madison! We had so much fun!

6 comments:

Kyle and Kat said...

I am sooooo... jealous! We still have like a foot of snow and I am dying to break out my sandals. I really enjoyed the M&M store when we were there. We need to go back again, maybe before you guys move we could all head down there?

Lara Zierke said...

Sounds like fun. We're trying to find a weekend to go see my sister in Arizona and get our sunshine fix. And you have to have cheesecake when you go to the Cheesecake Factory. I think it's a law.

Gurr Family said...

Jealous. I want some sun too! Your moving????

Melissa Giles said...

Yes, but not right now. Probably in 1-2 years. Briant is going to go back to school to get his masters.

Kelly said...

What a fun trip. It is funny I always have to check out Great Harvest's whenever we travel too. I can't believe how different they all are.

Kristen Mackrory said...

Looks like a FUN trip! It looks like you had a blast. Isn't it amazing what a little sunshine can do for you?!?