Great news!!! Briant's sister, Tiffany, had a little baby girl on November 25 . Her name is Madison Elizabeth Peart. She was 4lbs 12oz. She born at 3:02 pm and was 17 1/2 inches long. We are so excited to have another niece! She is super cute. We think she looks like her mommy!


Thanksgiving was great for us. I made Gram Cracker Pie, a Baldwin favorite, and we went to my parents house for dinner. Briant brought my mom a poinsettia, and she just loved that. After the meal we are usually so stuffed and feeling so fat that Briant and I try to go for a walk or something. This year we just went to the park and played a quick game of Frisbee golf. But we didn't leave without playing a few table games with the family too.I really like to go Black Friday shopping. And when I can get it off work I always take advantage of the deals. Old Navy had some pretty good sales this year and so I kind of splurged on myself. Briant got up at 5 a.m. too and went and got the deal of the day (ask him about it; he's proud), before he had to go to work.
Briant and I are really excited, because this year for Christmas we get to go to.....
We had our ward Christmas party on Friday and enjoyed a really nice little program. Briant took part with his young men's group in performing synchronized newspaper ripping to the beat of "The Blue Danube" and "Deck the Halls". They call their "orchestra" the "The Ripping Warriors". During the ripping of "Deck the Halls," which included newspapers, sand paper blocks, and maracas, Briant got to play the all important cymbal part. I should have taken a video...oops. It was really cute.
Our ward asked me to take all the pictures of the kiddos on Santa's lap. We decided to join in on some of the fun.
I love the Christmas season. It has always filled me with happiness. But I know that this happiness doesn't come from the decorations. It isn't from the Christmas tree. It isn't from the gifts received. Christmas is about the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. That is where the happiness comes from that I feel each year. It comes when we give of ourselves to others thoughtlessly as Jesus gave to others. He came to us in the most humbling circumstances, taught us all so much, then gave his life so that we could live again. He made it possible for us to return to live with our Father in Heaven again through his atoning sacrifice. I'm so grateful to him for this priceless gift that he gave me and everyone.
Every year in our family, the first thing we did to celebrate the Christmas season was put up the nativity set. This always left a lasting impression on me on what we really celebrate this season. The greatest gift of all, peace and joy, given to us by Jesus Christ.

Every year in our family, the first thing we did to celebrate the Christmas season was put up the nativity set. This always left a lasting impression on me on what we really celebrate this season. The greatest gift of all, peace and joy, given to us by Jesus Christ.
3 comments:
Can't I please get packed in your suitcase??? By the way, that is a sad little tree! And on a stool, at least put it in the window with some lights on it!
Super Bowel at your house!!!
We missed you guys tonight, it was crazy!
You guys are so lucky you get to go there for Christmas! That will be so fun! We miss you guys!
Costa Rica, really? I'm.So.Jealous. Really really. I'm already sick of cold weather, and it just turned cold like 2 weeks ago! I need to adjust my attitude, it seems. I hope you have an awesome time though!
Much love!
Post a Comment